Minority Supplier Development UK Limited (MSDUK) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Minority Supplier Development UK Limited Company Number 5882418 of Studio 5, Phoenix Square, 3 Burton Street, Leicester, LE1 1TB.
Information we collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the website at https://www.msduk.org.uk (“the website”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services.
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to the website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file that is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve the website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the website according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to the website.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of the website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
The transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the data
We may use data held about you in the following ways:
- To inform Corporate Members of the goods and services offered by Supplier members.
- To ensure that content from the website is presented in the most effective manner for you (and for your computer).
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features of our service.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services that may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post, telephone or email.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data. You may alter your preferences at any time by contacting the Administrator by telephone on 0116 253 2520, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the Administrator, MSDUK Ltd, Studio 5, Phoenix Square, 3 Burton Street, Leicester, LE1 1TB
Disclosure of your data
The personal information you provide to us will be held on our secure computers and servers based in the UK. However it may be accessed by staff working outside the UK and by third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this policy or for other purposes approved by you. In particular, those parties may process information, assist with the transfer of funds by debit or credit card and other methods, and provide support services on our behalf.
We will not disclose any data supplied by a Supplier Member to any third party other than our Corporate Members except in the following circumstances:
- We reserve the right to disclose any data supplied by you to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in the Companies Act 2006.
- If MSDUK or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party personal data held by it about its members will be one of the transferred assets.
The website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you