Nominations have opened for the MSDUK Innovation Challenge 2018, a pitching competition that aims to provide opportunities for ethnic minority entrepreneurs in the UK with an innovative idea, product or technology. The Innovation Challenge which is open to individual entrepreneurs and businesses, is sponsored by Cummins and will take place on 26th September 2018 […]
01. Media Centre
Our Meet the Buyer events will be opened up for all categories, providing our ethnic minority businesses (EMBs) and corporate buyers the opportunity to attend more frequently throughout the year.
This event allows buyers to hold one or more meetings with our minority businesses and host round table discussions to explain the procurement and categoris within the business.
Following the event, a drinks reception will take place providing everyone the opportunity to network over complimentary food and drink.
Registration: 1:00pm – 1:30pm
Welcome/Opening Session: 1.30pm – 2.30pm
Corporate round table discussions: 2.45pm – 3.30pm
One to One meetings: 3:30pm – 5.05pm
Drinks and food reception: 4:00pm – 6:30pm
This event is free for our Certified Businesses and Corporate Members.
Website is now live: http://conference.msduk.org.uk/
*Register now ( use the orange link to the right)
*Awards nominations are now open: http://conference.msduk.org.uk/awards/
The much anticipated MSDUK Conference and Awards returns for its 6th year in 2018, looking to be bigger and better at its new location in Birmingham. The conference, previously held in Central London, has moved to the cultural heart of the Midlands and will take place at the brand new and technologically advanced VOX Conference Centre from Tuesday 25th – Wednesday 26th September 2018. (Click here to add our iCalendar to your Outlook)
The move provides a more central location for businesses and corporates alike who are based in all four corners of the country and the venue will provide excellent transport links, by air, road and rail, accommodating both national and international guests.
Why come/ who is attending?
The 2 day event is a must-attend conference for Ethnic Minority Businesses (EMBs) and Corporations looking to drive inclusive procurement and connect with diverse like minded buisnessmen and women. Considered one of the biggest event in the UK championing supply chain diversity and inclusion, MSDUK 2018 Conference will attract over 700 attendees including:
*C-Suite corporate leaders representing some of the household corporate brands
*100s of procurement professionals
* Global diversity & inclusion leaders
* Policy maker
* Business delegations from the US, Australia, Canada, South Africa, China and from across Europe
* 100s of innovative and successful ethnic minority businesses from across the UK.
Never attended one if our conferences? Watch our 2016 Conference & Awards video here.
What to expect this year?
- Full day Business Exhibition with breakout Meet The Buyer sessions and silent workshops by industry experts
- Knowledge Forum- a day of sharing best practice, knowledge exchange and engaging debate with innovative business leaders, senior procurement professionals and famous faces from the political and media world.
- The well received Innovation Challenge-a business competition launched last year attracting some of the cutting edge innovation from ethnic minority entrepreneurs
- The glittering Business Awards Dinner hosted by a celebrity MC, offering unlimited entertainment, mouth watering food from around the world and recognising corporations and entrepreneurs for excellence, innovation and growth!
- Welcoming our International delegates for a quintessentially British trip to Stratford Upon Avon to experience the life of William Shakespeare at the Shakespeare Centre.
- Ample opportunity to network and connect in and around the VOX Conference Centre and Resorts World, the outlet shopping hub of the West Midlands, offering various new and exciting, entertainment and treatment facilities including IMAX Cinema and Genting Casino.
Friday 23rd March 2018, 9am
Business Awards application/ nominations open
Tuesday 15th May 2018 5pm
Business Awards application/ nominations close
For all available sponsorship packages/ questions about sponsorship, please contact Raj Pattani at email@example.com
For information about the Innovation Challenge, please contact Ervin Picari at firstname.lastname@example.org
For information about International Day, please contact Mayank Shah at email@example.com
Testimonials from our 2016 Conference
Just wanted to say a personal thank you and well done for all of your efforts last week and over the last ten years. As ever it was an excellent week and you surpassed yourselves again. I was really impressed by the exhibition morning which had such a buzz and energy.
Denise Nurse, Halebury
It was a lovely evening from start to finish and the speakers were first class – authentic, humour and inspirational.
Christina Vasili, KPMG
I just wanted to congratulate you on your outstanding achievements in delivering supplier diversity excellence to all the suppliers. From my own perspective I have seen the organisation go from strength to strength over the years and this was proved last week with the very well executed and enjoyable events.
Dee Patel, Brocks Compass
- APPLY NOW: http://bit.ly/IC2018ApplyNow
- Visit the official website for more information: http://bit.ly/MSDUKIC2018
The MSDUK Innovation Challenge returns in 2018 for its second year as a feature at our well attended 2018 Conference and Awards. This year the conference will be held at the technologically advanced VOX Conference Centre in Birmingham.
What is the Innovation Challenge?
MSDUK Innovation Challenge invites innovative entrepreneurs , start-ups and graduates from Ethnic Minority backgrounds that have a new, disruptive idea, product or technology to participate in this unique business competition!
If you are looking for access to markets, supply chains, investment or industry expertise, look no further!
Enter the MSDUK Innovation Challenge competition and pitch your ideas to top Fortune 500 Firms, investors and industry experts!
- Scholarships to Tuck Business School executive management program
- Access to Accenture Diverse Supplier Development Program
- 1 yr free membership of MSDUK network
What sectors does the Innovation Challenge cover?
MSDUK is looking for applicants that have innovative product or solutions in a variety of sectors including:
- Sustainability (Environment, Energy, Conservation)
- Technology (Artificial Intelligence, Augmented/ Virtual Reality/ IOT, Cyber Security)
This year’s themes are:
- Disruptive Businesses
- Sustainable Futues
- Tech for Good
How do I apply?
The Innovation Challenge is now open for applications!
There is no cost to apply for the Challenge, however, tickets will be on sale to attend the 2018 Conference and Awards in order to watch the finalists pitch live on Wednesday 26th September.
CONFERENCE WEBSITE/TICKETS: http://bit.ly/MSDUK2018Conf
Am I eligible for the Innovation Challenge?
1) The Challenge is open to people of BAME (Black, Asian, and minority ethnic) origin who are permanent UK residents or UK citizens
2) Applicants must be over 18 years old to apply.
For more eligibility and criteria, please contact Ervin Picari.
What happened at the first MSDUK Innovation Challenge in 2017?
I want more information on the Innovation Challenge!
04. News Room
We provide access to a truly global supply chain ecosystem, enabling ethnic minority businesses to network, connect, build lasting relationships, helping grow their businesses, create jobs and wealth in their communities.
Effective functioning of our network gives everyone great opportunity to learn, observe, share information, knowledge and business intelligence tools that are critical for success of any organisation, large or small.
Access to network and knowledge empowers our stakeholders to achieve success in their endeavours. Businesses find opportunities to grow and procurement organisations introduce good practices and bring competitiveness to their supply chain.