We sat down ahead of the MSDUK Innovation Challenge with 5 of this year’s finalists to ask them about their mission, must-haves and mantras. The interviewees: VR:Calm – Provide an interactive and personalised platform for an uplifting social experience using a virtual reality app and headset for dementia sufferers Audiowings – Nicknamed ‘The Shell’, Audiowings are creating […]
01. Media Centre
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED FOR 2018 ADMISSION
Have you got an ambitious growth plan? Do you want to build a successful business by learning from world class business schools’ faculty and global entrepreneurs?
MSDUK is delighted to introduce a weekend entrepreneurial retreat in partnership with Ivy League’s Tuck School of Business, USA and Aston Business School, Birmingham UK.
This exclusive programme is being offered to all certified ethnic minority and women-owned businesses allowing all participants to also attend the MSDUK 2018 Conference & Awards to connect with global business leaders and C-Suite corporate executives from all across the world.
EDUCATIONAL RETREAT: 21-24 SEPT 2018
BBuilding a High-Performing SME Programme focuses on strategy and implementation to drive results. The programme is designed for owners of minority/women-owned business who are committed to advancing their business capabilities. Participants examine their businesses as case studies throughout the weekend and apply core business concepts through real-world applications. A curriculum mixing strategy and operations helps these owners leverage the value chain to full advantage. Participants also explore financial statements to understand better how to improve cash flow and increase profits.
MSDUK 2018 CONFERENCE & AWARDS: 25-26 SEPT 2018
600+ Attendees | 60+ Exhibitors | 40+ Global Brands | 100+ Supply Chain Leaders |
200+ Global Entrepreneurs | Innovation Challenge | C-Suite Panel| Workshops |
Dazzling Awards Night
This exclusive, invitation only global event, brings together over 100 visiting delegates representing our global partners from the US, Australia, Canada, China, South Africa and Europe. They will be meeting select UK businesses and corporate leaders to share best practices and make new connections to grow their business globally.
2018 Conference website is now live: http://conference.msduk.org.uk/
How do I register?
Use the orange button on the right hand side of the page!
About the MSDUK 2018 Conference & Awards
The much anticipated MSDUK Conference and Awards returns for its 6th year in 2018, looking to be bigger and better at its new location in Birmingham. The conference, previously held in Central London, has moved to the cultural heart of the Midlands and will take place at the brand new and technologically advanced VOX Conference Centre from Tuesday 25th – Wednesday 26th September 2018. (Click here to add our iCalendar to your Outlook)
The move provides a more central location for businesses and corporates alike who are based in all four corners of the country and the venue will provide excellent transport links, by air, road and rail, accommodating both national and international guests.
Why come/ who is attending?
The 2 day event is a must-attend conference for Ethnic Minority Businesses (EMBs) and Corporations looking to drive inclusive procurement and connect with diverse like minded buisnessmen and women. Considered one of the biggest event in the UK championing supply chain diversity and inclusion, MSDUK 2018 Conference will attract over 700 attendees including:
*C-Suite corporate leaders representing some of the household corporate brands
*100s of procurement professionals
* Global diversity & inclusion leaders
* Policy maker
* Business delegations from the US, Australia, Canada, South Africa, China and from across Europe
* 100s of innovative and successful ethnic minority businesses from across the UK.
Never attended one of our conferences? Watch our 2016 Conference & Awards video here.
What to expect this year?
- Full day Business Exhibition with breakout Meet The Buyer sessions and silent workshops by industry experts
- Knowledge Forum- a day of sharing best practice, knowledge exchange and engaging debate with innovative business leaders, senior procurement professionals and famous faces from the political and media world.
- The well received Innovation Challenge-a business competition launched last year attracting some of the cutting edge innovation from ethnic minority entrepreneurs
- The glittering Business Awards Dinner hosted by a celebrity MC, offering unlimited entertainment, mouth watering food from around the world and recognising corporations and entrepreneurs for excellence, innovation and growth!
- Welcoming our International delegates for a quintessentially British trip to Stratford Upon Avon to experience the life of William Shakespeare at the Shakespeare Centre on International Day (invitation only!)
- Ample opportunity to network and connect in and around the VOX Conference Centre and Resorts World, the outlet shopping hub of the West Midlands, offering various new and exciting, entertainment and treatment facilities including IMAX Cinema and Genting Casino.
Friday 23rd March 2018, 9am
- Registration opens
- Business Awards application/ nominations open
Tuesday 15th May 2018 5pm
- Business Awards application/ nominations close
Monday 24th September
- International Day (invitation only)
Tuesday 25th September
- Business Opportunity Day
Wednesday 26th September
- Knowledge Forum (daytime)
- Business Awards (evening)
For all available sponsorship packages/ questions about sponsorship, please contact Raj Pattani at firstname.lastname@example.org
For information about the Innovation Challenge, please contact Ervin Picari at email@example.com
For information about International Day, please contact Mayank Shah at firstname.lastname@example.org
Testimonials from our 2016 Conference
Just wanted to say a personal thank you and well done for all of your efforts last week and over the last ten years. As ever it was an excellent week and you surpassed yourselves again. I was really impressed by the exhibition morning which had such a buzz and energy.
Denise Nurse, Halebury
It was a lovely evening from start to finish and the speakers were first class – authentic, humour and inspirational.
Christina Vasili, KPMG
I just wanted to congratulate you on your outstanding achievements in delivering supplier diversity excellence to all the suppliers. From my own perspective I have seen the organisation go from strength to strength over the years and this was proved last week with the very well executed and enjoyable events.
Dee Patel, Brocks Compass
04. News Room
We provide access to a truly global supply chain ecosystem, enabling ethnic minority businesses to network, connect, build lasting relationships, helping grow their businesses, create jobs and wealth in their communities.
Effective functioning of our network gives everyone great opportunity to learn, observe, share information, knowledge and business intelligence tools that are critical for success of any organisation, large or small.
Access to network and knowledge empowers our stakeholders to achieve success in their endeavours. Businesses find opportunities to grow and procurement organisations introduce good practices and bring competitiveness to their supply chain.