About the Business Show
Minority Supplier Development UK is delighted to launch its signature Annual Business Show, focusing on connecting some of the fastest growing and innovative ethnic minority-owned businesses with public and private sector procurement organisations.
MSDUK 2017 Business Show will provide opportunity to ethnic minority businesses from across the UK to meet, network and present their products and services to over 100 buyers and category managers from top global corporate organisations including IBM, Bristol-Myers Squibb, EY, CBRE, MasterCard, Cummins, Accenture and others.
Whether you are starting or growing business, launching a new product or bringing destructive technology to the market, want to meet potential investors or buyers for your products- MSDUK 2017 Business Show is the place you need to be.
If you are a buyer from a large private or public sector organisation that is committed to inclusion of diverse businesses that can bring innovation, competitiveness and flexibility in your sourcing operations, you need to be at the MSDUK 2017 Business Show.
Over 250 delegates| Business Roundtables | Workshops | Business Exhibition | Innovation Challenge | Inspirational Speakers | Indian Street Food | Networking
- Kick start your day with a 2 hour Business Exhibition featuring 40 exhibitors and over 250 delegates
- MSDUK Innovation Challenge invites entrepreneurs to present their innovative products and ideas to potential investors, buyers and industry experts with three winners going away with $10k business scholarship
- Receive expert insight at the Roundtable sessions facilitated by business professionals
- Build your understanding on Supplier Diversity at the Best Practice Roundtables
- Engage with the Interactive Workshops covering current trends and emerging issues including Buildings of the Future and Unconscious Bias
- Question Time with a panel of highly successful entrepreneurs
- Network and experience mouthwatering Indian and Lebanese street food at the Evening Ethnic Food Festival
Venue- Edgbaston Stadium
M1 & M6; M40 -The venue can be easily reached from the motorway
Birmingham New Street station- 2 miles away ; Moore Street station – 3.1 miles; Snowhill station- 3.4 miles away
45 & 47 Boarding point: Carrs Lane in Birmingham City Centre. Alighting point: Pershore Road, which is a 2 minute walk from the Stadium.
Hotel- Park Regis Birmingham
MSDUK have secured special discounted rates with Park Regis Birmingham, a new 4* luxury hotel in the heart of Birmingham.
- £135.00 for Wednesday 20th September 2017
- £130.00 for Thursday 21st September 2017
(all rooms at these rates are bed and breakfast/single occupancy)
How to book
Once you have registered to attend the event, you will receive an email from Eventbrite entitled “Your Tickets for MSDUK 2017 Business Show Exhibition”. In that email, you will find the hotel booking instructions.
Follow us on Social Media
|8:30 – 9:15||REGISTRATION|
|9:30 – 10:15||WELCOME AND KEY NOTE SPEECH
Key Note Speech
· Farida Gibbs, Gibbs Hybrid
· Mayank Shah, MSDUK
|10:30 – 12:30||BUSINESS EXHIBITION
Meet over 250 delegates at the 2 hour exhibition
|12:30 – 13:15||NETWORKING LUNCH|
|13:30 – 14:20||ENTREPRENEUR PANEL
Question Time with a panel of highly successful entrepreneurs
· Byron Dixon, MicroFresh International
· Syed Ahmed, SAVORTEX
· Sid Narang, thesqua.re
· Aysha Kazi, Ark Talent
· Ninder Johal, Nachural Records
|14:30 – 15:20||WORKSHOPS
· Steve Murphy & Aleksandra Njagulj, CBRE: Workspaces of the Future
|15:40 – 16:30||WORKSHOPS
· Farrah Qureshi, Global Diversity Practice: Unconscious Bias
|14:30 – 16:30||MSDUK INNOVATION CHALLENGE
· Rondu Vincent, Bristol -Myers Squibb
· Denis Ford, Cummins
· Ray Lambe, Digital Catapult
· Poppy Dowell, GCHQ Cyber Accelerator
· Maria Harrison, EY
· Lopa Patel
|14:30 – 16:30||ROUNDTABLES
· Tayo Dada, Managed IT Services: Cyber Security
· Harish Bhayani, PRM Diversity Consultants/ Ben Ngobi, Accenture: Overview of MSDUK’s exciting new Supplier Diversity Benchmarking Tool
· Leanne Johnston, Agile-1: Catching the Whale
· Punam Tiwari, Gibbs Hybrid: General Data Protection Regulations
· Andrea Fimian, IBM: MBE vs Corporation – Challenges
· Hiten Bhatt, BE GREAT Training & Development: Self Mastery for Business & Life
|16:30 – 18:00||ETHNIC FOOD FESTIVAL
17:15 – 17:30: Innovation Challenge award ceremony
Who will be in attendance?
- Head of Procurement, Category leads and sourcing managers from Fortune 500/ FTSE 100 firms
- Heads of Diversity & Inclusion, Sustainability and CSR
- Angel Investors
- Industry experts and academics
- 100s of high growth, innovative Ethnic Minority Entrepreneurs
Exhibit at the Business Show
- Increase your brand visibility, market your products and connect with hundreds of potential clients
- Visit over 40 exhibitors from companies specialising in FM, Marketing, HR, Recruiting, Construction, PR, Technology and other areas
- Meet over 100 category buyers from leading Fortune 500 firms
- Network with other proactive EMB/ SMEs
- Enjoy 2 hours of exhibition time
- Make the most of the separate meeting lounge for extensive meetings
(all prices exclude VAT)
MSDUK Certified EMBs: £110
MSDUK Corporate Members: £220
Non-MSDUK Members – Corporates: £330
Exhibition and logo marketing
MSDUK Certified EMBs: £330
This business competition, sponsored by Cummins, invites young and established ethnic minority entrepreneurs, with an innovative product, solution or technology, to present their ideas to a panel of potential investors, buyers and industry experts with the view to access markets, finance and technical support.
(included, but not limited to)
- Environment/ Sustainability
- Technology: Artificial Intelligence, Augmented/ Virtual Reality/ IOT, Cyber Security
Finalists have been announced!
Click here to meet the MSDUK 2017 Innovation Challenge finalists
These top 10 scoring applicants will be at the MSDUK 2017 Business Show on 21st Sept 2017 at Edgbaston Cricket Ground to present their product or idea before a panel of investors, procurement professionals and industry experts.
Applications close on Friday 28th July 2017 at 17:00
Bristol Myers Squibb and EY are offering three scholarships combined, including one for a young entrepreneur, to attend a one week residential Executive Business Programme at the Ivy League ‘Tuck Business School’ in Dartmouth, USA.
Each individual scholarship is worth USD $10k* and provides the winning entrepreneur an opportunity to attend one of the leading business schools in the world and master the skills to develop a high-performing business or opportunity to scale-up their business. Read more about various minority programs delivered at Tuck here.
For further information and all T&C, please see the Innovation Information pack
*Travel to the US is not included.
For a complete list of the workshops and roundtables available at this year’s Business Show, please click here
Entrepreneur, CEO – Nachural Records
CEO – Global Diversity Practice
Senior Partner – PRM Diversity Consultants
Senior Legal Counsel – Gibbs Hybrid
Managing Director, Managed IT Services
Associate Director, Workplace Advisory – CBRE
CEO/Founder – thesqua.re
Director – BE GREAT Training & Development
CEO – SAVORTEX
Director of Business Development – Agile-1
CEO – Gibbs Hybrid
Entrepreneur; Founding CEO – Micro-Fresh ® International